Pediatric Health Resources
For information on general health topics such as physical health, behavioral health, lactation, safety, or sleep, we recommend these expert resources:
- American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 60,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is one of the components of the Department of Health and Human Services, which is the principal agency in the United States government for protecting the health and safety of all Americans.
- Healthy Children provides helpful information from the American Academy of Pediatrics about common health complaints and illnesses that children experience.
- Kids Eat In Color offers a self-paced online course called BetterBites® for parents of selective eaters up to 10 years of age. Discover what causes picky eating and how to understand your child’s eating behaviors, learn scripts for how to talk about food and build healthy relationships with food long-term, and gain strategies for avoiding food battles. Talk to your provider about signing up or call (503) 419-4921 to speak with a Referral Coordinator; PANW patients can access the course at a discounted price.
Behavioral and Mental Health
- Infoaboutkids.org offers science-based information about kids.
- Kidshealth offers advice on children’s health, behavior, and growth from birth through the teen years.
- Magination Press has books for children relating to a variety of topics.
Lactation and Feeding Support
- International Breastfeeding Centre provides information and resources about common breastfeeding concerns and questions.
- Kellymom offers practical breastfeeding information and support.
- Nursing Mother’s Counsel is a non-profit organization that offers free community breastfeeding support and education.
- PANW Back to Work After Baby Class covers how to maintain your milk supply, how to balance work and home life, how to talk to your employer about your legal rights, and more. This is open to the community at no charge.
New Parent Support
- Baby Blues Connection supports parents and their families coping with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders. They provide free and confidential information and resources.
- ModernMommyDoc was started by PANW pediatrician, Dr. Whitney Casares. She offers information and resources to help mothers win at parenting without losing themselves. She helps parents take care of their own well-being and break the cycle of burnout to find better balance and joy in life.
- PANW Baby Hour Parent Group is a weekly drop-in group that offers a safe, supportive environment for parents to connect with other parents. Together, we celebrate the joys and challenges of new parenthood, regardless of feeding choices. Everyone is welcome; you do not have to be a patient to join.