With this latest peak in Covid-19 cases, testing is in high demand and more important than ever to limiting the spread of the virus. This increased demand for testing has unfortunately caused a shortage of supplies across the country. The good news is there are two new ways families can easily access kits to test themselves. We recommend that everyone have at least a few tests readily available at home for quick access to testing, and in case you are not able to secure a test at our office or a community site.
Order Free At-Home Tests:
- 8 rapid Antigen tests per US residential address
- Results ready in 30 minutes
100% free of cost to families
- Tests ship within 7-12 days of ordering
- Delivered through US Postal Service mail
Insurance Reimbursement For At-Home Tests:
As of January 15th, most health insurance plans are now required to cover the cost of an FDA-approved, at-home COVID test. These tests can be obtained online, from a pharmacy, or a store.
- 8 individual at-home COVID-19 tests per person enrolled in the plan per month
- Purchase all at once or as needed
- Health plans will either cover the cost of the test up-front at the time of sale, or require members to submit a receipt for reimbursement
- If your plan has set up a network of preferred providers where you can obtain a test with no up-front expense, you may still obtain tests from other retailers outside that network. Insurance companies are required to reimburse you at a rate of up to $12 per individual test (or the cost of the test, if less than $12)