The bivalent vaccine (protective against the Omicron variant) is authorized for 5-11 year olds. However, the number of doses allotted to us by the Oregon Health Authority has become more limited in recent weeks.
To best meet the needs of our patients and avoid re-scheduling appointments due to low vaccine supply, we have opened a waitlist for this age group. To be placed on the waitlist, please send a message through our patient portal. The waitlist will be first come, first serve and our team will call you to schedule an appointment time.
Instructions for requesting to be added to the waitlist:
- Log in to your patient portal account
- Click “CREATE MESSAGE” under the Messages heading on the homepage
- Select “COVID Bivalent Booster for ages 5 – 11 years (Pfizer) – Wait List” from the drop-down. Fill out the form, then click “SUBMIT.”
- PANW is offering only the Pfizer bivalent booster doses for ages 5-11 years.
- Bivalent booster doses for this age group ARE interchangeable, which means “mixing and matching” between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is allowed.
- Patients 5-11 years old are eligible for the Pfizer bivalent booster if they have had 1 or more of the monovalent primary series (Pfizer or Moderna)
- Patients 5-11 years old who are unvaccinated are eligible for the Pfizer bivalent vaccine as their primary series.
- Due to our limited supply, appointments for these booster doses will be scheduled at our Tigard and Portland offices only. Beaverton patients are welcome to schedule at either of our other offices.
If you are unsure of your child’s vaccination status or when they may be eligible for a bivalent vaccine, please contact our office. Updates will be shared here, please check back regularly. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Community Resources Offering COVID-19 vaccines (including bivalent boosters):